Good Morning Brothers and Sisters,
Each day brings new challenges to our homes, our church family, our community, and to the world. The last book of the Bible tells us the final outcome so I don’t fret.
Oswald Chambers writes: “When you pray, “’Thy Kingdom come,” you are inviting the Messiah himself to walk into your world. “Come, my King! . . . Be present in my heart. . . Come into my marriage. Be Lord of my family, my fears, and my doubts.” This is no feeble request; it’s a bold appeal to God to occupy every corner of your life. Who are you to ask such a thing? . . . You are his child, for heaven’s sake! And so you are to ask boldly.”
This is a time for relying on God. A time to renew or start for the first time a set time of prayer every day. Learn to pray aloud with your spouse and your children. Just do it and He will teach you how by giving you the words.
Today’s Ideas to Live By, for You
- Be sure to have 90 days of necessary medication on hand. Yes, the COVID19 precautions will probably last until July or August.
- Eat Calories first then Protein. Grains and beans/legumes will get you both. Mushrooms also are excellent.
- Rice and Beans pretty much gets you everything.
- Vegetables and fruit add joy and life span . . . . nutrients. They also help with cancer prevention.
- The church will be locked except for a few people that have the code to the walk door. I directed codes for most people be terminated. Staff will be able to let you into the building should you need to come in. Call the church office at 319-352-2590 or me at 540-718-9332 should you need to come into the church.
I am trying to do what is being requested by public health officials and close down all public areas. This is not an easy decision for me as I am a believer that the church should be open 24/7.
From the book of Hebrews, Paul writes “Let us, then feel very sure that we can come before God’s throne where there is grace.”
Please know that I am praying for you every day.
In His Love,